Why Join MPRA?
Continue Your EDUCATION
- Continuing Education Opportunities - MPRA has formal learning activities to keep members refreshed on knowledge, skills, and current practices within the parks and recreation industry.
- Annual Conference & Expo – A weeklong gathering of parks and recreation professionals from around the state to connect, collaborate, and learn together.
- Certifications - MPRA supports industry certifications by providing CEUs that apply toward a CPRP and CPRE and also hosts CPSI and AFO courses in conjunction with NRPA.
- Scholarships/Certification Reimbursements – Financial assistance is available for members to attend conference at no cost as well as the opportunity for reimbursements for AFO, CPSI, CPRP, and CPRE certifications obtained through the year.
CONNECT With Parks & Recreation Professionals
- Member Directories –MPRA members have access to the online membership directories to easily search and connect with other members.
- Professional Staff Assistance – The MPRA staff is always a phone call or email away and are always eager to help.
- Leadership Opportunities – Build your resume, better the Association, and grow as a professional by taking on a leadership role.
- Sections – Members can be a part of a variety of interest groups with professionals of similar interests.
- Member Forums – An online discussion board where members can ask questions, share their experiences, and discuss topics of mutual interest.
Ways We COMMUNICATE with Members
- MPRA Magazine – Stay informed with the MPRA quarterly magazine featuring member submitted content, staff announcements, and more.
- Monthly Newsletter – Receive Association briefings along with an updated event calendar right to your inbox.
MEMBERSHIP TYPES AND DUES
Agency Memberships can include any public agency on the municipal, county, or state level providing parks and recreation services. The individuals within an agency membership will be placed in one of four categories:
- Agency Professional Membership
- Agency Affiliate Membership
- Agency Part-Time Membership
- Agency Board/Commission Membership
Individual Professional Memberships are for any full-time employee of a local, county, or state parks and recreation agency and holds a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and/or a professional certification listed here.
This membership includes the right to vote, the right to hold office, Region and Section affiliation, discounts on registrations, and Association publications. This membership type is limited to three employees of the same agency.
Organizational Memberships consist of academic institutions, military installations, hospitals, nonprofit agencies, and other organizations providing parks, recreation and leisure services not covered under agency or corporate memberships.
Up to five employees who qualify as "Individual Professional Members" shall receive the right to vote, the right to hold office, Region and Section affiliation, discounts on registration and Association publications.
Corporate Memberships are for-profit corporations, partnerships, and firms that support and encourage the purposes of the Association.
Up to five employees who qualify as "Individual Professional Members" shall receive the right to vote, the right to hold office, Region and Section affiliation, discounts on registration, and Association publications.
Associate Memberships are for individuals employed part-time or retired individuals from the parks and recreation field. Membership includes Region and Section affiliation, discounts on registration, and Association publications.
Student Memberships are for individuals pursuing a degree in parks and recreation or a related field. Individuals who qualify for any other membership type are not eligible for a student membership.
Student members shall possess all the benefits of an MPRA membership but do not have the right to vote or hold office.
An Honorary Membership may be granted to individuals at the discretion of the MPRA Board. These memberships include those who have made outstanding contributions to the park and recreation field, who have demonstrated support for the parks and recreation movement or are members of the Missouri Recreation and Parks Hall of Fame. They shall enjoy complimentary membership privileges for life, including Section and Region affiliation, discounts on registration, and Association publications.